Slag Cement Suppliers & Manufacturers - CEMEX USA
Now available in California from CEMEX!
Slag cement, backed by our technical expertise, can help you meet tough environmental and performance requirements and win new business. CEMEX has a consistent available supply, so call today for more information!
ASTM C-989 and AASHTO M302 Grade 120 and CALTRANS approved
Used worldwide in a variety of applications:
- Residential & Commercial Concrete
- High Performance Concrete (HPC)
- Concrete Pavement
- Precast & Prestressed Concrete
- Mass Concrete
- Green Sustainable Concrete
- Concrete Masonry Units (CMUs)
- Manufactured Concrete Products
- Concrete Pipe
- Soil Stabilization
- Cellular Concrete
- Controlled Low Strength Material (CLSM)
Slag cement can typically replace 25 to 65 percent of Portland cement in a concrete mix and up to 80% in mass concrete, depending on the specific application, providing improved resistance to sulfates, chlorides and alkali silica reactions better than standard concrete. This byproduct of iron manufacturing can help your project achieve LEED certification due to the important ways it benefits the environment:
- Produces concrete with lower CO2 emissions
- Reduces byproduct waste going to landfills
- Reduces the energy and virgin raw materials needed to manufacture cement and concrete
- Contains pre-consumer recycled material
- Provides increased albedo — slag cement produces a lighter-colored concrete with greater reflectivity resulting in cooler surface temperatures (reducing urban heat island effect) and increased artistic potential.
Strength & Workability
Slag cement provides exceptional strength and chemical resistance properties. It reduces the threat of sulfate attack, and alkali silica reaction (ASR), improves resistance to deicing salts and chlorides, and provides better protection for steel reinforcement.
Slag cement decreases permeability of the concrete, thus increasing its long-term durability. Slag cement lowers the heat of hydration of a concrete mixture, which reduces the risk of early age thermal cracking, a major benefit for large or mass concrete placements. It lowers the total alkalis of a concrete mixture thus reducing the risk of alkali-silica reactions.
Equally important, slag cement delivers improved workability. You’ll find it produces a mix that’s easier to handle, pump, and place with precision, especially in hot weather conditions.
Slag cement can meet the challenges of a wide range of construction projects.
We can help you specify a slag cement mix that perfectly matches the requirements of your next project. Our quality control experts will work with you to help you harness the incredible versatility of slag cement. Give us a call today. We’re ready to go to work to make your next project an outstanding success.